Sunday 25 May 2014

Joseph Sullivan






The visit from Joseph was inspirational. The children were captivated by his talk and sharing what he achieved. He was such a down to earth kind of person but the amount of commitment and hard work needed to achieve his gold medal was unreal. Joseph answered a lot of questions honestly with a great sense of humour and it wax quite emotional watching his race and the children going crazy when he won. To allow the children pass around and let them wear his gold medal was particularly generous too, not sure I would do that! :) Mr B 

4 comments:

  1. Yes he was very inspirational. I am not sure I would be able to keep up with all the training he does, rowing over 75 kms a day plus wieghts and work outs! It was an interesting race how they were nearly losing then suddenly came back so it was definitely worth all that training. Although I had never heard of him before I'm sure I know a lot about him now. A big thanks on behalf on year seven to ANZ for making it all happen! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joesph's gold medal was heaver than I thought. It was so fun to meet him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it was so cool getting to meet a gold meadalist

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found his talk very inspiring

    ReplyDelete